Property Manager (CONTRACT)
Contract Length: 15 Months
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Crombie REIT Operations team in the role of Property Manager on a fifteen month contract. Based out of our Calgary Office, the Property Manager is responsible for all operational aspects of property management, for their assigned Crombie portfolio in Western Canada and monitors and reports on the results of each property in accordance with business plans, and supporting operating and capital budgets. Additional duties of the Property Manager role include but are not limited to:
- Works collaboratively with all key stakeholder groups, to understand business objectives, and align with improvement/investment strategy for the portfolio.
- Assists in the strategic positioning of assets with a focus on revenue growth.
- Communicates effectively with tenants, contractors, legal and financial representatives as well as Sobeys Inc. and all associated internal departments, building and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Understands and is familiar with other competing properties and developments.
- Prepares and operates within annual operating budgets and capital budgets; Responsible for property budgets and manages tenant receivables.
- Creates annual budget revenue projections and provides revenue reforecast as required.
- Anticipates and responds to all operational issues, as well as, short and long term organizational/tenant needs (e.g. directing maintenance personnel, tenant coordination, accounts receivable, accounts payable, negotiating service contracts, reviewing and summarizing commercial leases).
- Actively supports leasing and construction initiatives that will create value for the portfolio and lease up vacant space.
- Collaborates between departments to ensure alignment on regional and national initiatives.
- Contributes to the development of pertinent policies and procedures for the Property Management role, ensuring all operational policies and procedures are conducted effectively in accordance with organizational standards.
- Develops and implements tenant retention plan, managing tenant requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Analyzes, monitors, and controls the quality of operational service and activities for portfolio.
- Ensures all properties in the portfolio meet federal, provincial and municipal codes, health and safety standards.
The successful candidate will have:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years property operations experience in a professional environment in addition to post-secondary education in Business or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. The successful candidate must be customer focused with exceptional organizational skills and a high attention to detail. In addition to being a self-starter who can develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information. Prior experience with YARDI Voyager is considered an asset.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, we hire people across the country who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Property Manager