Property Maintenance Supervisor
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Property Maintenance Supervisor based out of our Burlington Office. Reporting to the Property Manager, this role contributes to Crombie REIT’s success by representing the organization with respect to the efficient and effective management of a portfolio of Crombie properties in Burlington and surrounding area. Service-oriented and acting with a sense of urgency, under general supervision of the Property Manager, this role is responsible for operational aspects of property management for the portfolio as well a variety of routine and non-routine, semi-skilled maintenance duties.
- Daily travel to set up preventative maintenance goals/tasks for the various properties in the portfolio.
- Orders supplies and demonstrates knowledge of purchase orders.
- Assists Property Managers with the creation and review of annual operating budgets.
- Anticipates and responds to all operational issues, as well as short and long term organizational and tenant needs
- Understands customer/tenant needs and responds to the daily needs of customers/tenants, both basic and occasionally complex issues.
- Liaises with multiple contractors, suppliers and tenants.
- Ensures excellent tenant relations by providing excellent service through knowledge, practice, and exceptional customer service.
- Provides input into procedures, processes, and standards as related to the maintenance
component of the role, as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively and effectively communicates with all key stakeholder groups (tenants, contractors, suppliers, and internal departments), to understand business objectives, build relationships and align with improvement/investment strategy for the portfolio.
- Performs monthly property and quarterly tenant inspections.
- Works effectively and cooperatively as a member of a team with minimal supervision.
- Effectively communicates relevant issues to senior management.
- Solves basic problems, and recognizes and participates in solving more complex issues with the
- Demonstrates familiarity with contract tendering, drafting and review.
- Availability to be on call 24 hours, 7 days a week; responding to emergency situations, including but not limited to fire alarms, floods, vehicular and pedestrian accidents.
- Expresses a willingness to learn about procedures, processes and standards through formal and
industry related education and on the job training. Ensures all properties in the portfolio meet federal, provincial and municipal codes, health and safety standards.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- 3-5 years of maintenance-related experience and knowledge of building operations.
- Completion of High School. Post-secondary education from a recognized trade school is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Computer skills to include Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
- General knowledge in the following areas:
- Boiler systems
- Waste treatment and septic systems/sewage lift pumps/sewer flow monitoring
- Water fill stations and water distribution systems/daily water testing
- Fire pumps/fire panels
- HVAC systems
- Occupational Health and Safety standards and procedures
Crombie REIT has an established reputation for providing an excellent workplace through competitive salaries, comprehensive employee benefits and a rewarding work environment. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Property Maintenance Supervisor
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.