Property Maintenance Supervisor
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Property Maintenance Supervisor based out of the Aberdeen Business Centre. Reporting to the Property Manager, this role contributes to Crombie REIT’s success by providing efficient and effective management of Crombie properties in New Glasgow and surrounding area. Service-oriented and acting with a sense of urgency, under general supervision of the Property Manager, this role is responsible for operational aspects of property management for the portfolio as well a variety of routine and non-routine, semi-skilled maintenance duties.
- Supervises general maintenance staff and delegates tasks as required, overseeing and following up on the work done by maintenance staff.
- Staff Scheduling, including vacation requests.
- Orders supplies and demonstrates knowledge of purchase orders.
- Sets up preventative maintenance goals/tasks for the various properties in the portfolio.
- Assists Property Managers with the creation and review of annual operating budgets.
- Anticipates and responds to all operational issues, as well as short and long term organizational and tenant needs.
- Understands customer/tenant needs and responds to the daily needs of customers/tenants, both basic and occasionally complex issues.
- Liaises with multiple contractors, suppliers and tenants.
- Ensures positive tenant relations by providing excellent service through knowledge, practice, and exceptional customer service.
- Works collaboratively and effectively communicates with all key stakeholder groups (tenants, contractors, suppliers, and internal departments), to understand business objectives, build relationships and align with improvement/investment strategy for the portfolio.
- Performs monthly property and quarterly tenant inspections.
- Solves basic problems, and recognizes and participates in solving more complex issues with the Property Manager.
- Expresses a willingness to learn about procedures, processes and standards through formal and industry related education and on the job training. Ensures all properties in the portfolio meet federal, provincial and municipal codes, health and safety standards.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- 5 years of maintenance supervisory related experience and knowledge of building operations.
- Completion of High School. Post-secondary education from a recognized trade school is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Computer skills to include Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
- General knowledge in the following areas
- Boiler systems
- Waste treatment and septic systems/sewage lift pumps/sewer flow monitoring
- Water fill stations and water distribution systems/daily water testing
- Fire pumps/fire panels
- HVAC systems
- Occupational Health and Safety standards and procedures
Start date: As soon as possible
Crombie REIT has an established reputation for providing an excellent workplace through competitive salaries, comprehensive employee benefits and a rewarding work environment. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Property Maintenance Supervisor
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.