Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
The Project Manager manages and provides support to consultants, engineers, and contractors to ensure the successful delivery of medium and large size retail and mixed-use projects across Crombie’s Western Canada portfolio. Reporting to the Vice President, Construction, the Project Manager is responsible for the day to day management of operations for multiple construction projects within the portfolio. Additional duties of the Project Manager role include but are not limited to:
- Supports the VP, Construction in the implementation of the construction strategy as it relates to construction planning, budgeting, value added costing, material sourcing and estimating.
- Collaborates with the SVP, Development & Construction, Director, Development and VP Construction and other internal stakeholders, leading the communication of information between construction team members, internal departments, and various stakeholders involved in each project. Meets regularly with stakeholders and contractors on projects to protect Crombie’s interests and ensure delivery of top quality projects on-time and on-budget.
- Works collaboratively and effectively communicates with all key stakeholder groups (tenants, contractors, internal departments) to understand business objectives, build relationships and align with improvement/investment strategy for the portfolio.
- Assists in the preparation of pricing, budgeting, and cost control forms for proposed construction and CAPEX projects.
- Prepares tenders for construction and CAPEX projects and negotiates contracts/prices, issues contracts, and tracks committed costs throughout the duration of each project.
- Supervises and monitors construction progress up to and including project completion.
- Manages design changes and change orders.
- Provides support to the Leasing, Operations and Development groups with construction project related matters.
- Completes consistent and regular onsite inspections to ensure all projects and contractors meet federal, provincial and municipal codes, health and safety standards.
- Collaborates between departments to ensure alignment on national initiatives. Follows national project management approaches and policies, ensuring all policies and procedures are conducted effectively in accordance with organizational standards.
- Ensures excellent tenant relations by providing excellent management service through knowledge, practice, and exceptional customer service.
The successful candidate will have:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience in design management, major general contracting and/or construction project management in addition to a PEng and/or PMP Certification. The successful candidate must be able to manage concurrent projects and meet deadlines. In addition to being a self-starter who can develop and build relationships internally and externally, the candidate must also have the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, we hire people across the country who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to;
Subject: Project Manager