Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
The Operations Analyst provides support to the Vice President, Operations and other members of the National Operations team as required. This role is a key member of the Crombie team, and collaborates with other Regional and National teams on improving consistency and efficiency of our business. The Operations Analyst will work collaboratively with all key stakeholder groups to understand business objectives and align with financial and operational strategy. Additional duties of the Operations Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Performs moderately complex analysis to assigned project areas such as capital spending and/or budgets; and brings forward recommendations for improvement.
- Monitors, tracks and reports on various KPI, sales, tenant status reporting, and provides ad hoc analysis and support to SVP, VP, and Directors as required.
- Collaborates and provides aid to Crombie’s various functions on operational information to support new acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, JV and development projects.
- Provides support during the transition period to/from operations for the disposition, acquisition and development process.
- Performs operational research in the evaluation of operational decisions, best practices and market competitiveness across Crombie’s portfolio.
- Ongoing review and analysis of property level service contracts and contractors to identify opportunities to unlock savings and value through standardizing services and/or contractors in addition to leveraging Sobeys partnership and scale.
- Acts as the Operations point of contact for Crombie ESG initiative support including setup, monitoring and reporting for measurable analytics and other ESG deliverables, initiatives and opportunities.
- Supports the budgeting process to identify cost trends, forecasting for Senior Property Managers, Property Managers, and Directors.
- Acts as the point of contact for national services, vendor contracts and RFPs.
- Completes other duties and special projects as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate would have a minimum of two years related experience in a professional environment with a post-secondary degree in Business Administration or Finance. An MBA, CFA or CPA designation (completed or in progress) is considered an asset. Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately, with experience in working in Excel, Power Point, Word, online and research tools are a must.
Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Crombie offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Operations Analyst
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.