Who we are
We are one of Canada's leading REIT’s, and we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
A valued member of Crombie REIT’s team, the Manager, Investments is accountable for providing analytical support for the various real estate and corporate development transactions of Crombie REIT. The Manager, Investments will work collaboratively with all key stakeholder groups, including executive management, to understand business objectives, and align with the acquisition and disposition strategy for the portfolio. Additional duties of the Manager, Investments include but are not limited to:
- Supports Corporate Development processes including preparation of analytical models, compilation of project documents and due diligence materials; and financial analysis and related underwriting models for all transactions and interacting with operational leads as appropriate
- Provides support to the completion of acquisitions and disposition process including robust analysis to support accretive transactions
- Preparation of analytical models, LOIs, due diligence coordination, and working as a team with operational leads in Eastern and Western Canada and using their expertise and knowledge and advice
- Analyzes potential transactions including evaluating the physical improvements, tenancy, local market conditions and transaction structure. Identifies potential risks and proposes appropriate structure to mitigate risks
- Ensures full disclosure and verification of all details about the property and the transaction by completing due diligence activities including: obtaining, scrutinizing and confirming all diligence documentation such as third-party reports, market analysis, rent surveys, and completing property inspections, lease audits, and walks competitive properties
- Provides training and coaching on analytical models and practices to financial/business analysts working in other departments to enable them to support SVPs in identifying accretive opportunities across the portfolio. Supports Corporate Development with ad hoc analytic financial models in conjunction with Crombie’s strategic capital plan
- Provides leadership and oversight to the Analyst, Corporate Development
- Supports corporate development from a research perspective (electronic research, tax rolls, web searches etc.), evaluating the merits of complex alternatives and presenting findings to the Vice President
- Collaborates with operations to support pro forma, financial analysis
- Analyzes potential strategic investments and supports due diligence efforts by reviewing documentation for base information and flow of financials, ensuring the information is organized and accessible
- Performs benchmarking and KPI analysis, tracking demographic, economic, and industry trends
The successful candidate will have:
Our ideal candidate is a strategic and analytical thinker who can develop and collaborate to drive Crombie REIT’s success with a minimum of five years' related experience in financial analysis and transaction execution, a post-secondary degree in Business Administration or Finance, MBA preferred; as well as a strong interest in real estate, capital markets, market drivers, and economic trends. Exceptional analytical, problem-solving skills, ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately while leading a team of driven individuals.
Professionalism and superior communication skills both verbal and written are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, we hire people across the country who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
Subject: Manager, Investments