Manager, Internal Reporting (Contract)
Contract Length: Twelve Months
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Director, Internal Reporting, the Manager, Internal Reporting will be responsible for overseeing and supervising a group of Senior Property Accountants and Property Accountants while providing financial management to a portfolio of commercial real estate properties for a twelve month contractual period. Additional duties of the Manager, Internal Reporting include but are not limited to;
- Supervising of team in the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial statements, management reports and working papers in support of quarterly and annual regulatory filings and annual audit.
- Ensuring cash flows, variances and NOI summaries are delivered in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Assisting in the preparation of consolidated financial statements and MD&A.
- Facilitating accounting transition for acquisitions and dispositions by preparing budgets, year-end billings for dispositions and providing sound financial information to Corporate Development Team.
- Working paper preparation and review in support of annual audit.
- Assisting in process improvement initiatives and maintaining an effective system of internal control.
- Providing timely delivery of tenant statements in accordance with project deadlines and assisting with technical accounting support as required.
- Maintaining oversight of straight-line rent balances for assigned region to ensure accurate straight-line rent calculations.
- Providing analysis of construction costs.
- Reviewing and approval of ledgers and journal entries.
- Assisting in preparation of operating and fiscal budgets.
- Providing oversight in the preparation of annual tenant recoveries.
- Preparing internal management reports and special projects as required.
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with operational field staff and other corporate departments.
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned by the Director, Internal Reporting.
The successful candidate will have:
Our ideal candidate would have five to seven years of related public company experience in accounting and financial reporting, as well as a CPA, CMA or CA designation. Candidates should possess exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, and ability to manage a complex workload prioritize and delegate appropriately. The successful candidate must have a sound knowledge of the commercial real estate industry, capital markets, market drivers, economic trends and be able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, we hire people across the country who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Manager, Internal Reporting (CONTRACT)