Who we are:
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Crombie REIT in the role of Leasing Manager. Based out of our Mississauga Office, the Leasing Manager contributes to Crombie REIT’s success by driving leasing functions for Crombie REIT. In this role, the successful candidate will manage the leasing and renewal activities for an assigned portfolio of properties. Additional duties of the Leasing Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with all key stakeholder groups, to understand business objectives, and align with improvement/investment strategy for the portfolio;
- Handling all lease negotiations including new leasing and renewals as assigned;
- Leasing space in existing properties in accordance with portfolio and property budget requirements;
- Maintaining leasing status reports, Yardi platform, and accurate records with respect to potential tenants for new and existing properties;
- Coordinating lease buy-outs, surrenders, assignments, tenant buildouts, etc. with all necessary departments;
- Overseeing and executing leasing negotiations and planning for new locations and renovations;
- Developing, building and maintaining relationships with existing and prospective tenants and retail representatives;
- Assisting in the strategic positioning of assets with a focus on revenue growth;
- Overseeing the deal process from offer to opening;
- Understanding and familiarity with other competing properties and developments;
- Maintaining accurate and organized records of leasing transactions;
- Creating annual budget revenue projections and providing revenue reforecast as required;
- Collaborating among departments to ensure alignment on regional and national initiatives.
The successful candidate will have:
Our successful candidate will have a post secondary education in Marketing, Finance or Business, in addition to three to five years' experience in commercial property leasing. Professionalism and superior communication skills in both official languages (English/French), both verbal and written, is mandatory. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information. Prior experience with Yardi Voyager is considered an asset
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Leasing Manager