Location: Halifax/New Glasgow
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting into the Accounting and Financial Reporting Department, this role has key exposure across all lines of our business and is responsible for providing analytical support for the various financial and operational aspects of Crombie REIT. Additional duties of the Financial Analyst include but are not limited to;
- Working within the corporate accounting group on regulatory filings and special projects
- Preparing monthly/quarterly financial statements, management reports and working papers in support of quarterly and annual regulatory filings and annual audit
- Assisting in the preparation of operating and fiscal budgets
- Completion of senior management financial reporting
- Reviewing accounting records and ensuring the accuracy of reported financial results
- Resolving account discrepancies
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with operational field staff and other corporate departments
- Coordinating monthly property management meetings and providing accounting advice as required
- Assisting with tax filings
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Finance or Business with two to five years’ related experience. CFA, CBV, or CPA (completed or in progress) is considered an asset. The successful candidate must demonstrate exceptional analytical, problem-solving skills, ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately , experience in working in Excel, Power Point, Word, online and research tools are a must. Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally, and is able to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, we hire people across the country who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to;
Subject: Financial Analyst