We have an exciting opportunity to join the Crombie REIT Operations team in the role of Electrician. Based out of our Scotia Square Property, this role contributes to Crombie REIT’s success by performing a number of routine and maintenance duties on electrical systems, wiring, circuit breakers, equipment and components.
- Inspects electrical equipment, wiring, fixtures and other components on a routine basis to ensure they remain functional and are up to code.
- Sets up preventative maintenance goals/tasks for the department.
- Anticipates and responds to operational issues, determines the reasons for any malfunctions of systems or components, and develops plans to repair.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge and performs testing on electrical systems, wiring, circuit breakers, equipment and components.
- Repair electrical systems, wiring, circuit breaker, equipment and other components as required.
- Performs systems testing, ensuring systems remain safe and components are compatible with voltmeters, oscilloscopes and ohmmeters.
- Keeps records of all maintenance and repair work.
- Ensures excellent customer relations by providing high level service through knowledge and practice.
- Provides input into procedures, processes, and standards as related to the maintenance component of the role, as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively and effectively communicates with all key stakeholder groups (customers, contractors, suppliers, and internal departments).
- Works effectively and cooperatively as a member of a team with minimal supervision.
- Communicates relevant issues to senior management.
- Ensures property and team members meet federal, provincial and municipal codes, health and safety standards.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Trade Certificate as a Red Seal Electrician
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Clear criminal record check
Start date: As soon as possible
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie REIT has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers from 2014-2020. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Resume
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.