Director of Operations
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the VP, Operations, this role contributes to Crombie’s success by providing oversight and direction on the overall operations for the portfolio of properties within the Central Canada region. The Director, Operations works collaboratively with operations leadership nationally to create alignment and value across the country. Additional duties of the Director of Operations include but are not limited to:
- Contributes to the national strategy and the development and measurement of operating standards.
- Oversees the planning, prioritization and delivery of corporate and department initiatives within region.
- Develops and implements strategies to increase revenues and minimize operating expenses.
- Collaborates across the business to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency to drive NOI, FFO and AFFO, and enhance the overall quality of the region.
- Oversees and manages the creation and evolution of multi-year CAPEX plans, regional operating budgets and capital budgets.
- Supports the establishment of guidelines to maximize customer service, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Builds and develops a highly effective team to support Crombie’s current and future talent needs within the organization, developing operational goals aligned with company strategy and objectives.
- Leads departmental change and change management processes, in collaboration with Talent Management, including national and regional people and process agenda.
- Collaborates with peers across all organizational functions to proactively plan and deliver on cross functional activities.
- Maintains strong functional relationships with internal and external vendors, contractors or stakeholders.
- Provides on-site back-up coverage for Property Management teams.
- Influences the direction of business decisions and obtains approvals for recommendations involving risk.
- In collaboration with the VP, Operations, provides management and oversight for regional revenue collection and recognition processes and risk management processes.
- Completes other tasks and special projects as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
The ideal candidate has 10 - 15 years of commercial real estate experience, strong financial acumen and demonstrated progressive people leadership, in addition to a post-secondary degree in Business, Commerce or related discipline. An MBA, or professional designation (completed or in progress) is considered an asset.
Applicants should demonstrate a sound knowledge of finance and operations and effectively establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The ability to manage complex situations while leading across a geographically diverse team are a must.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Crombie offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Director of Operations
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.