Coordinator, Design & Construction
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Vice President, Construction (East) the Coordinator, Design & Construction provides support and coordination to the Construction Team in order to ensure the successful delivery of medium and large size retail and mixed-use projects across Eastern Canada. Additional duties of the Coordinator, Design & Construction include but are not limited to;
- Provide support and coordination to the VP, Construction (East) as well as other team members as required, including the preparation of general correspondence, and maintaining files.
- Prepare, review, and maintain documentation including: correspondence, letters, memorandums, presentations, reports, agreements, and confidential items.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare documents for consideration and presentation to internal/external stakeholders and Board of Directors. Develop market research and demographic information as requested.
- Collaborate with the SVP, Development & Construction & VP Construction (East) and other internal stakeholders to communicate information between construction team members, internal departments, and various stakeholders involved in each project in order to ensure delivery of top-quality projects on-time and on-budget.
- Contract administration support to set up projects, issue purchase orders, issue change orders, run cost reports and process invoices in Yardi.
- Prepare and manage the contract execution process for design consultants and contractors.
- Maintain records of compliance for contractors’ workers compensation and insurance certificates.
- Collaborate with the Financial Analysis & Treasury Team by tracking costs throughout the duration of individual projects.
- Manage documentation / approvals to ensure department procedures are adhered to and support the internal audit team as required to verify compliance.
- Maintain records and timekeeping documentation for the Construction team.
- Upload and maintain electronic and paper files (e.g., SharePoint and project binders).
- Reconcile and prepare project close-out documentation, including closing out projects in Yardi.
- Provide required coordination during Construction tender process.
- Liaise and openly communicate with contractors, consultants and other relevant parties in order to administer contracts and support internal teams as required.
- Communicate with outside vendors regarding payment queries and obtaining stat declarations.
- Manage the invoicing process to bill tenants for work performed by the team for the tenant.
- Maintain records of compliance for workers' compensation and insurance.
- Collaborate with key engineering, construction and development roles to share responsibilities as required.
- Provide superior customer service to all Crombie employees, clients, suppliers and to the public by gathering information for various department requests and responding professionally and promptly to all questions, inquiries and requests.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate would have a minimum of three years' related experience in a professional environment with a post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and related experience. Analytical, problem solving skills, ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately with experience in working in Excel, Power Point and Word are a must.
Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers in 2020. Crombie offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Coordinator, Design & Construction
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted