Coordinator, Corporate Realty Tax
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, and we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Based out of our New Glasgow Office and reporting to the Manager, Corporate Realty Tax, the Coordinator, Corporate Realty Tax plays an integral role in the administration, review, analysis and execution of property taxes and payables related to property taxes. The Coordinator provides support and analysis for Crombie’s national portfolio and will be the first point of contact with municipal and provincial officials.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for all municipal and provincial bodies, ensuring correspondence and information reaches the appropriate internal and/or external stakeholders Ensure cash flows, variances and NOI summaries are delivered in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Liaises with Municipalities, towns and city officials to gain information regarding property tax accounts and address updates as well as to resolve bill discrepancies or outstanding questions.
- Completes various administration items including, but not limited to, bill payment tracking, bill approval preparation, document distribution and general correspondence.
- Responds to Requests for Information from cities/towns across Canada ad submits income and expenses for all the properties requested.
- Ensures realty tax information is up to date and consistent across all key platforms and databases including Yardi Voyager, Sharepoint, iTAM and other property tax software as required.
- Reviews, organizes, tracks and updates the file system for Realty Tax information (digital and hard copies).
- Tracks key property tax deadlines including appeal filing and billing dates, and proactively tracks down missing/outstanding bills.
- Tracks deadlines for appeal filing and liaises with various internal groups and departments at Crombie to ensure all necessary information is gathered to ensure strong appeal.
- Assists with the preparation of recovery schedules, budgets, tax impact analysis, assessment analysis, vacancy rebates and process tax rebate applications as required.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have a solid working knowledge of Crombie’s business processes and portfolio. As the Coordinator, Corporate Realty Tax, you must have advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite; Excel, Word, Yardi Voyager and Sharepoint. Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must with an ability to interact and engage with all levels of the organization. You must be able to work independently, meet deadlines and demonstrate a strong ability to manage various projects and mandates, collaborate and work in team environment.
All applicants interested in this opportunity, are asked to please submit a Cover Letter and Resume.