Assistant Chief Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Crombie REIT Operations team in the role of Assistant Chief Engineer Based out of our Scotia Square Location. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Assistant Chief Engineer provides efficient and effective management of their assigned property, by overseeing major mechanical systems and preventative maintenance programs.
- Works with the Chief Engineer to ensure and oversee the responsibility for the safe, efficient, continuous operation and maintenance of boilers, hot water boilers, chillers and pressure equipment for seven properties.
- Provides supervision and guidance to a team of Stationary Engineers, Electricians, Mechanics and Instrumentation Technicians.
- Ensures that HVAC operations-boilers, chillers, air handling units, pumps and pneumatic control meet or exceed the standards of the Department of Labour, by ensuring safety, regulatory and certification related changes are in place.
- Understanding of Chemical testing of open and closed systems.
- Responds to client requests, determining the required action for the property.
- In collaboration with the Chief Engineer, inspects various mechanical systems, ex: natural gas, air handling units (ventilation), heating systems, fire water pumping system.
- Works in collaboration to develop and execute on complex preventative maintenance plans.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of Crombie maintenance department trades, emergency power systems and fire systems
Required Skills and Experience:
- Power Engineering Certification in addition to experience working with Building Management, Fire and Emergency Power Systems.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proven time management and organizational skills, in addition to demonstrating knowledge and ability to interpret regulations and guidelines
- Clear criminal record check.
Start date: As soon as possible
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie REIT has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume
Subject: Assistant Chief Engineer
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.