Analyst, Information Systems
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems; the Analyst, Information Systems is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships between the various Crombie team members and IT. The Analyst, Information Systems must have strong technical skills coupled with customer service, and collaboration experience. They will elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the property sites requirements through proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills. Additional duties of the Analyst, Information Systems include but are not limited to:
- Provide second level support for systems, applications, hardware, and other incidents and requests by investigating problems and taking corrective actions.
- Monitor and resolve requests from Crombie IT e-mail in a timely fashion and ensure client satisfaction by taking ownership of open items and ensuring incidents are fully resolved or re-assigned.
- Document all actions and solutions and update technical details within operational procedures if required.
- Identify and escalate production critical issues to appropriate groups.
- Ensure effective operating procedures compliant with all relevant privacy legislation for all existing data systems and platforms (both hardware and software).
- Maintain a sufficient level of expertise with the organization’s current platform(s) and tools.
- Assist with planning office relocations and other regional IT tasks if required.
- Take ownership of 2nd level support issues escalated from the Helpdesk and follow through to successful resolution.
- Support hardware asset management and software license compliance.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations or alternatives that address existing and potential gaps in IT operations.
- Develop support documentation, system processes and procedures that relate to all supported systems in conjunction with related technical services teams as well as the maintenance and upkeep of existing documentation for current systems.
- Establish and maintain positive, working relationships with peers, project stakeholders, resources, and senior management.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to other IT teams.
- Help identify gaps in processes and procedures for continual improvement of efficiencies in the organization.
The successful candidate will have:
Our Ideal candidate would have three to five years of related experience working on troubleshooting and resolving issues with desktop PCs and supporting a large complex user base, in addition to a post-secondary education in the field of Computer Science or IT Management. Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage concurrent projects and meet fast paced deadlines, in addition to be a self-starter who can develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, we hire people across the country who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Crombie offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Analyst, Information Systems